Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Quesadillas

Back in the spring I got together to make dinner with my friend Anna.  She suggested that we make quesadillas and I brought over what I had in my fridge.  The result was something pretty similar to what follows.  It's such an easy weeknight meal and you can put whatever kind of toppings you want in it.  This is just how I usually make my quesadillas.

Here's what you'll need:

Ah, forgot to take a pic of all the ingredients together. Oh well.

  • 1 package of mushrooms
  • 1 pepper (I prefer red)
  • 1 onion (I prefer red, again)
  • 1 package chicken breast
  • cheddar cheese
  • tortillas (the bigger ones, I think they're burrito size)


Start by chopping up all your veggies.


My favorite things right there. :)


Chop up the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.


Have your very cute helper shred some cheddar cheese.


Eat some of the cheese, cause cheese is good. :)


Take artsy pictures of the grated cheese on your fancy paper plate.


Saute veggies in a hot pan with some olive oil. After a few minutes add chicken to pan.  Salt and pepper. 


Let chicken cook for a minute or two and then turn over to finish cooking.


When the chicken is fully cooked remove mixture from pan.  Feel free to do some taste testing.  Wipe out any excess liquid from pan and spray with some cooking oil.


Place a tortilla on a plate and fill halfway with chicken and veggie mixture.  Don't put too much in, or your quesadilla will overflow.


Top with grated cheese.


Add some salsa.  You could also add some sliced jalapenos.


Close up that bad boy.


And add to pan.  Cook for a few minutes and flip.  You want both sides to get nice and crispy.


Perfection.


Slice and serve with a dollop of sour cream.


And if you have some, I like to mix some Sriracha sauce in with my sour cream and use as a dipping sauce for my quesadillas.  I have been obsessed with this sauce.  You have to try it!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment